Welcome to the official Arwen Garmentry blog. This blog documents our day to day life, the things that we love and the things we hate and fashion advice from a unique perspective.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ulricke & Grant's wedding

I love doing weddings. I love the celebration, the ritual and the way that a wedding brings people together like no other occasion. This particular wedding is very special to me as Ulricke has been one of my closest friends for well on a decade and I was privileged enough to be one of her bridesmaids. When Ulricke told me that Grant had popped the question I was so excited as I can imagine no other person so perfect for her, and we had a dress to make!  I had always promised her that one day I would make her wedding dress.
The design at the end of the day is a classic A-line corset dress in mocha-coloured duchess satin with lace-work in ivory corded Chantilly lace and a chocolate chiffon sash. Good enough to eat colours that flatter her warm complexion and give a unique twist to her wedding dress.















The wedding was held at Hertford Country House Hotel, an elegant yet rustic venue (with exquisite catering) that perfectly complimented the relaxed vintage meets country theme that was full of beautiful nooks and crannies that were taken full advantage of by the lovely photographers at Splendid Productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment